Politique de Confidentialité
(Rev. July 2022)
Information We Collect and Why We Collect It
How We Use and Share Your Information
Access to Your Information and Choices
Security of Your Information
Consent To Processing Personal Data in other Countries
Questions and How Contact Us
Scope; Third Party Sites
Some of our affiliated sites owned by Peli are governed by their own separate privacy policies.
Our Site may also contain links to third party sites that are not owned or controlled by Peli. For example, consumers in certain countries and jurisdictions may be directed to sites owned and operated by independent Peli dealers.
Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of sites not owned or operated by Peli.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
Information You Provide To Us
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site (“Personal Data”). This includes information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit or other payment card information, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline;
- about your use of our Site, such as traffic data, location data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Sites, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site, and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details.
You can provide information to us on our Site through various means, such as when you purchase products from us, fill out forms on our website or digital forms, contact us, your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete, or when create an account with us. This Personal Data will be included in data files owned by Peli.
The Personal Data we collect from you is required to enter into a contract with Peli, for Peli to perform under the contract, and to provide you with our products and services. If you refuse to provide such Personal Data or withdraw your consent to our processing of Personal Data (when appropriate), then in some cases we may not be able to enter into the contract or fulfill our obligations to you under it. You must notify Peli of any modification to the Personal Data provided and you will be solely liable for the veracity and accuracy of the data provided to us.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
When you purchase products from us, you may provide us information like your payment card or bank account information, shipping address or delivery instructions. We use this information for things like processing, fulfilling, and delivering your order, and to provide support in connection with the products you purchase.
We generally do not request you provide and do not process any special categories of Personal Data as defined by the EU GDPR.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. We collect Personal Data and information about the computers, devices, browsers and your Internet activity as you use and interact with our Site. The information we collect includes unique identifier, browser type and settings, device type and settings, operating system, mobile network information including carrier name and phone number, and application version number. We also collect information about the interaction of your apps, browsers, and devices with our services, including IP address, device type, crash reports, system activity, wireless carrier name (when you use a wireless or mobile device), and the date, time, and referrer URL of your request.
We may collect information about your activity on our Site, Internet, network, and other online activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our Site and other websites. We use various technologies to collect and store location information, including cookies, pixels or pixel tags, local storage, such as browser web storage or application data caches, databases, session replay, and server logs.
We may collect information about your location when you use our Site, which helps us provide our Site Services, features and functionality. Your location can be determined with varying degrees of accuracy by:
- IP address
- Sensor data from your device
- Information about things near your device, such as Wi-Fi access points, cell towers, and Bluetooth-enabled devices
The types of location data we collect depend in part on your device and account settings. For example, you can turn your mobile device’s location on or off using the device’s settings app. You may also be able to turn on location history if you want to create a private map of where you go with your devices.
In some circumstances, Peli also collects information about you from publicly accessible sources. We may collect information about you from trusted partners, such as marketing partners who provide us with information about our potential customers, and security partners who provide us with information to protect against fraud and abuse of our Site.
This data collection helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- better provide our products, account and website service to you;
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests;
- develop and improve our Site, our products, and our services; and
- recognize you when you return to our Site.
No Information From Children Under Age 13
If you are under the age of 13, please do not attempt to register with us at this Site or provide any Personal Data about yourself to us. By registering at this Site or providing any Personal Data you represent and warrant that you are 13 or older being solely responsible for this declaration. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under the age of 13, please Contact Us Online or call us at (800) 473-5422.
3. HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Lawful Basis for Processing your Personal Data
If you are in the European Union, the processing of your Personal Data is lawful only if it is permitted under the applicable data protection laws. We have a lawful basis for each of our processing activities (except when an exception applies as described below):
- Legitimate Interests. We will process your Personal Data as necessary for our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are balanced against your interests and rights and freedoms and we do not process your Personal Data if your interests or rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests include to: facilitate communication between Peli and you; detect and correct bugs and to improve our Site; safeguard our IT infrastructure and intellectual property; detect and prevent fraud and other crime; promote and market our business; develop our product and services;
- To Fulfill Our Obligations to You under our Contract. We process your Personal Data in order to fulfill our obligations to you pursuant to our contract with you to deliver our goods and services to you; and
- As Required by Law. We may also process your Personal Data when we are required or permitted to by law; to comply with government inspections, audits, and other valid requests from government or other public authorities; to respond to legal process such as subpoenas; or as necessary for us to protect our interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies (for instance, when necessary to prevent or detect fraud, attacks against our network, or other criminal and tortious activities), defend litigation, and manage complaints or claims.
To Provide Products, Services, and Information
As described above, we collect information from you so that we can provide you with information and support that you request from us. We use your Personal Data to contact you about your requests.
If you have previously authorized us to do so, we may send you information about our products and services, and new offerings. You can opt-out of receiving marketing and promotional e-mails from Peli by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org saying "Please remove," or using the opt-out or unsubscribe feature contained in the e-mails.
We may provide information to third party service providers that help us process orders, and to fulfill and deliver products and services that you purchase from us. This includes the company that manages and operates our online store (currently The Etailers), and our authorized dealers and distributors who help us provide, fulfill, ship and process orders and product purchases. We may use third parties to help host our Site and provide other technology support, send out email updates about the Site, provide marketing and advertising services for us, remove repetitive information from our user lists, and process payments. All these service providers will have access to your Personal Data in order to provide these services, but when this occurs we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections to limit their use of that information to helping us provide the service. We use demographic information to better understand our customers, and improve our products and services.
If it appears you may be interested in our products, we may also share your personal information with distributors in our distributors network so that our distributors may contact you with information about our products.
We will store your data as long as is necessary to provide you the information that you have requested, for as long as we have a lawful basis to do so, or for as long as we are required by law.
After you close your account, we may retain your Personal Data:
- for as long as necessary to comply with any legal requirement;
- on our backup and disaster recovery systems in accordance with our backup and disaster recovery policies and procedures;
- for as long as necessary to protect our legal interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies; and
- for data that has been aggregated or otherwise rendered anonymous in such a manner that you are no longer identifiable, indefinitely.
Our Site does not respond to “do not track” signals or similar mechanisms to indicate you do not wish us to collect information about your online activity or receive interest-based ads. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites (www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org).
- In addition to sharing for reasons as described elsewhere in this Policy, we will share Personal Data with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the Peli when we have your specific and prior consent to do so; in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
Legal Requests or Requirements and to Prevent Harm
We will share Personal Data with third party companies, organizations or individuals outside of Peli if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Peli, our users, customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
Transfer in the Event of Sale or Change of Control
4. ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CHOICES
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Section 3 (How We Use and Share your Information). When possible, these organizations are under contractual obligations to use this data only for providing the services to us and to maintain this information strictly confidential. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, applicable data protection laws may provide you with certain rights with regards to our processing of your Personal Data.
- Access and Update. You can review and change your Personal Data by contacting with Peli using the information provided below. You may also notify us through the information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible. We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Restrictions. You have the right to restrict our processing of your Personal Data under certain circumstances. In particular, you can request we restrict our use of it if you contest its accuracy, if the processing of your Personal Data is determined to be unlawful, or if we no longer need your Personal Data for processing but we have retained it as permitted by law.
- Portability. To the extent the Personal Data you provide Peli is processed based on your consent and that we process it through automated means, you have the right to request that we provide you a copy of, or access to, all or part of such Personal Data in structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to request that we transmit this Personal Data to another controller, when technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent. To the extent that our processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the information below. Withdrawing your consent will not, however, affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal, and will not affect the lawfulness of our continued processing that is based on any other lawful basis for processing your Personal Data.
- Right to be Forgotten. You have the right to request that we delete all of your Personal Data. We cannot delete your Personal Data except by also deleting your user account, and we will only delete your account when we no longer have a lawful basis for processing your Personal Data or after a final determination that your Personal Data was unlawfully processed. We may not accommodate a request to erase information if we believe the deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. In all other cases, we will retain your Personal Data as set forth in this policy. In addition, we cannot completely delete your Personal Data as some data may rest in previous backups. These will be retained for the periods set forth in our disaster recovery policies. If you delete your User Contributions from the Site, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Site users.
- Complaints.You have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority in the country you live in, the country you work in, or the country where you believe your rights under applicable data protection laws have been violated. However, before doing so, we request that you contact us directly in order to give us an opportunity to work directly with you to resolve any concerns about your privacy.
You may exercise your rights set forth above by contacting with Peli using the information provided below. Any such request must include the following data: full name of the User, address for correspondence and photocopy of National ID document or Passport. In the case of representation by a third party, this must be proved by means of an authenticated document. If you believe that Peli has infringed its obligations under the applicable data protection regulation, you have the right to file a claim against us before the competent supervisory authority.
5. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
In order to help secure your Personal Data, access to your data on our Site is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as a social security number) is protected by encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and our Site. To protect any data you store on our servers, we also regularly audit our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we use a tier-one secured-access data center. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that e-mails, User Contributions, and other communications you send to us through our Site are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
6. CONSENT TO PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA IN OTHER COUNTRIES
Peli is the data controller of your Personal Data. At this time, Peli has not appointed a Data Protection Officer, and we will update this policy if we do. Peli's Site are operated and managed on servers located and operated within the European Economic Area (EEA) in countries that provide adequate level of data protection. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), in order to provide our Site, products, and services to you, we may send and store your Personal Data outside of the EEA, including to the United States. Accordingly, your Personal Data may be transferred outside the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide an equivalent level of protection for your Personal Data.
8. QUESTIONS AND HOW CONTACT US
Peli Products, SLU.
Provença, 388, planta 7
Barcelona, Spain. 08025
Tel: (+34) 93 467 4999
Tel 2: (+34) 93 487 7393